Sunday, 24 August 2008

Search For The Hero

My first blog was written whilst in shock over the news at work but swiftly moving on has turned into a welcome distraction. Being very new to this blogging game I thought I'd take a look around a few of the other sites. First impression is that they all look pretty nifty and sleek, lots of photos and eye catching stuff.
For me though it's more about having a voice and a place to send it. Moments of waffle, deep wisdom, nonsense, humour and basically taking a moment to comment on the world around us.
Have to say that in between writing this I keep running into the living room to check out the 2012 Party in the Mall following the closing ceremony in Beijing. It's times like this when my heart swells with pride as the Olympic ideal makes it's mark, the whole one world, one dream concept which we hope will go on forever but in reality lasts as long as the party. ( If your lucky.) Still, let's enjoy while we may, we have much to celebrate. 2012 will be here before we know it and I along with my family intend to fully embrace the whole package. Oh Bless.
Yes, the Country is verging on recession but call me old fashioned, when the cast of 'We Will Rock You' start singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD, and that guy from The Feeling, is doing a passable rendition of WE CAN BE HERO'S, who am I to argue...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.