Thursday, 25 September 2008

Small Steps.

Hello, may I help?

Yes, I'd like to book a ticket for the Wednesday matinee please.

I'm afraid that performance is sold out could I check another date for you?

Oh dear, I don't think so no...The afternoon would have been OK to come on my own but I don't think I could risk coming out at night.

Oh.. are you sure ? It's a wonderful show and I've got a single available in the front stalls for Saturday night.

It's the first time I'll have been out you see since my husband died and I just thought that a matinee would have been easier...But now that you've said that I wonder if I could manage an evening...I suppose I could get a taxi - a single you say ?

Yup, brilliant view, nice and central. You know if you are worried about waiting around afterwards one of the Front of House staff will be happy to wait with you.

Mm. Oh I don't know what to do, whether I dare..... Blow it!.... I'm going to go for it and come out on Saturday night by myself. (nervous laugh)

Good for you, I'll just take a few details.... There we are, that's a confirmed booking and the ticket will be at the desk for collection. By the way - I think you're extremely brave. I can't believe we've gone from Wednesday matinee to Saturday night - well done.

I can't believe it either. Goodness only knows what my husband would say if he were here but then if that were the case I wouldn't be coming on my own would I ? (heavy sigh)

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Thank you. Actually, I'm quite excited - nervous but excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.