Thursday, 24 September 2009

There is no other Love but you.

There is no other love but you

What on earth do you take me for?

Oh pass me those pots I've things to do,

Who left those clothes on the floor?

Yes, I know we have bills coming out of our ears

But we deserve better than this!

Don't you yearn to feel the wind in your hair?

No? - Must be just me then I guess?



I'm not bothered about watching telly tonight

It's only repeats anyway and

Actually I said I'd meet Sonia in town

I'm sure I mentioned that earlier today.

Well, I meant to, so sorry

If you didn't quite hear but now I need to get dressed.

IF EVER THE BATHROOM IS FREE OF COURSE.

Who left these towels in a mess!



I'm sick to death of picking things up

It's time you stepped up to the plate.

Now look what you have made me do

Rushing so much I'll be late.

Can you zip me up, careful please

Don't get it snagged in the seam.

What, this old thing, had it for years.

You've seen it yes - No I don't have the receipt.





God's teeth but are you still going on

What exactly have I done now?

Oh, the neighbour said she saw me at the gate
Chatting with whom? When? And how

Is it you believe her over me

When all is said and done - Ye of little faith

It cuts me to the core to think

You'd sabotage my fun.




Fuchsia Pink. Two Christmas's ago

You see I hardly spend anything at all.

And these shoes must be five years old

Can't remember when they last saw a dance floor.

Night-club? Me? Well, now you mention it

It's possible we could be late. I'll be sure

To let you know if our plans change

From drinks to a full blown date.



Did I say date? Just yanking your chain

The frown on your face was enough.

Now kiss me and tell me that we're OK

And stop looking so Billy-Goat gruff.

There are too many years between us my love

For you to start worrying now

About have I or haven't I cheated on us

Our marriage, our kids - Holy Cow!



Is that the time where are my keys?

Make sure they're in bed by nine.

The sandwiches are done your dinner too

Yes of course I'm going to be fine.

Thank you, I'm glad you noticed my scent

You bought it ages ago.

Do you remember where we were and what we did?

You rascal you must let me go.



Sonia called when? - But I was in the shower.

You lay there and watched me get dressed

Knowing all along that the evening was off

Why wait 'till now to confess?

You Dog! You Cad! You enjoyed the show,

I think a beating is long overdue.

Damn your eyes man I fail to comprehend why for me

There is no other Love but you.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! No. Just a little ditty that has plagued me for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this one! Many levels of relating. Thanks for sharing it!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda for stopping by and reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.