Monday, 15 March 2010

HAYLING ISLAND by Steve Clement-Large.


'Hi Steve, I'd like a painting of Hayling Island down in Hampshire. It's where Paul grew up and spent summers fishing with his friends. He misses the sea and I'd like to give him something to remind him of his childhood home.'

This picture is what Steve came up with and now hangs proudly in our home. We love it, even more so because it's a one off original by a very talented artist. The colours are scorching, reminding us of the long hot summers of our youth and a promise of the ones yet to come.

You can find Steve over on http://mydogateart.blogspot.com/ or click on the link down in the left column of this blog. At the moment his work is reasonably priced so now is the time to invest before the big guns over at Christies and Sotheby's get the nod on the next big thing to hit the art world.

9 comments:

  1. I like this. Bet the shipping costs are more than the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not necessarily Don, Steve is pretty good about these things to be honest. You should check out his website and he's on Facebook too. He's more than happy to agree a price on commission based work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, with a hint of Van Gogh thrown in for good measure !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say thankyou so much for this post ... it is really appreciated. Thanks also for the comments. With regard to shipping costs Don - my canvas work is on very light box canvases - work on paper can be offered unframed and I am more than happy to provide signed good quality photographic prints ... again unframed. It's right to say I will discuss any idea -and would always agree everything in advance of shaking hands on a deal.

    Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought you'd like this one Patrick.

    No problem Steve, I am and always will will be a fan of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting-and im an expert ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Claire, how are you my lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im fine than you. How are you? I will have to come and see the painting in the flesh (so to speak) at some point!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I've been preoccupied. I'll have a look at the Dog eating art site today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.