Saturday, 11 September 2010

Reality Check.

So, I've had my first NO on the script which is fine and not totally unexpected. Onwards and upwards then, at least I'm now free to send it elsewhere and send it I shall just as soon as I've gone through it once more with a fine tooth comb. In the mean time I've been researching people and places I wouldn't ordinarily have had access to; it's funny how life can throw you a challenge every now and then and if you're willing to accept and go along with the flow the rewards can be quite surprising and unparalleled. This past week has certainly opened my eyes and given me back the incentive to quit sitting on my hands and crack on with another script. No excuses now, the school holidays are over and a new term is under way; it's time to dust off those pencil cases and start work.

By the way, I've still not heard a peep from the boss who has been sitting on his copy for some time now.

I feel a little chat coming on.

10 comments:

  1. Im sure that someone will love your script soon!!!! And then you will be a rich and famous authoress, just dont forget you family then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, my darling, how could I possibly...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep submitting. So so much of this is subjective. A great deal of it is plain and simple luck. You increase your odds each time you send it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried leaving a comment here yesterday and then got booted off the web, as is not uncommon here in Podunk South. Here goes again/different: What Brad said! And: tell your boss to get a chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will and I'll tie him to it with sticky tape if necessary.

    Thanks for persevering Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to get these little notes via email when a blog I follow has been updated, and it occurred to me yesterday that I hadn't seen any of these in a while. Apparently I clicked or unclicked some button, because the service was off.

    Anyway, that's where I've been ... waiting for something that wasn't going to happen.

    To the post: my works over the years have been rejected hundreds of times in total (although most of that coming with the first), and still I managed to get a bunch of books published. Like Brad said, you just keep at it, knowing that there is a lot of pure luck involved, uncontrollable timing, and utter subjectivity. Just be sure you are moving on with new work while the old one is out looking for a light in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Don and thanks for checking in. The script has gone out again with plans for a few other places too. In the mean time it's back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, how lovely to see a new face. Thanks for the comment Kid!

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.