Saturday, 23 October 2010

The Customer's Revenge.

Hello?
(On the phone.)

Hello, yes - I'd like to make a complaint please.

OK. Could you tell me a little bit more about the nature of the complaint.

What was that?

I said can you tell me what the complaint is concerning so that I can put you through to the correct person?

You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you.

Can you hear me now - is that better!
(Adjusts volume.)

No, still can't hear you - just a minute!
(Line goes quiet.)
I've put you on hands free, see if that works.

Right. You were saying you wanted to make a complaint, what was the complaint about?

It's no good I still can't hear you, you'll have to shout!

I SAID, HOW CAN WE HELP YOU WITH YOUR COMPLAINT?
(Hears lots of people laughing in the background on the other end of the line.)

I rang yesterday and tried to speak to someone about a booking but they kept saying they couldn't hear me so I thought I'd prove a point about how frustrating that was and now I have.
(Line goes dead.)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Does that come from personal experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jon and may I take this opportunity of welcoming you personally to the blog.

    This peice is a mixture of personal experience with a little creative licence peppered in; my way of balancing the books in favour of the customer since many of the sketches/posts related to them tend to air on the negative.

    I try to look for the human drama/comedy in all encounters for the sake of realism and because at some time or another we are capable of playing the hero and the villain in a given situation or, like this post hopefully demonstrates, just ordinary folk performing every day tasks which should be straight forward but quite often unravel despite our best efforts rather than because of them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.