Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Pink Suede.

I posted this a few days ago but the configuration was not correct, so here's round two and thanks for your patience.


I fancy that I catch a glimpse of you sometimes looking your best

and waving from somewhere behind the gift stand trying

to attract my attention

before smiling and drifting away.


I see you found the pink suede suit again

with matching handbag and shoes...

It still looks good with your hair nicely done - a dash of make-up.

Not too much.


You loved coming here to browse, to dream, seduced

by the scent and the colours of spring

before spying the bedding plants!

We'd need a trolley just to keep pace with your dappled lit face

over violets and pinks.

Especially the pinks.


I will remember you this way in love with

the promise of new life; at your best sighing

with delight at the miniature tea-cups and plates

wondering who would appreciate the time,

the effort spent pondering before declaring

'How lovely!'


...like a child presented with the dearest gift except

now I see

that in reality

the most precious gift

was you.

5 comments:

  1. Hi!!!!
    I´m brazilian and I´m thirteen, hey, I´m a box office girl too!!! Teather is my life.
    I do it Stanislavski´s way, I think we can talk about teather and I really want to know how is this is another country.
    Sorry , I dont speak English very well, but please, send me an e-mail or something like.
    judy.adoida@gmail.com

    Or acess my stupid blog about nothing
    www.cafepretopassado.blogspot.com

    thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice poem ... The Most precious gift was you!


    markdezabaleta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy and Mark for stopping by and commenting - lovely to have you here, you are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog in Spanish!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Boxoffice girl keep up the good work your doing really well look forward to seeing your next post

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.