Saturday, 11 October 2014

A Bit of Straight Talking.

It takes a lot for me to be able to pick up the telephone these days. I'm just about able to make myself understood to family and friends but it's a different kettle of fish when it comes to complete strangers or worse still - the dreaded answer phone.

I needed to leave a message for the speech therapist.

I dialled the number and waited...

Hello - You have reached the Speech and Language Therapy Service for ---shire'

Good. Got the right number.

' There is nobody available at the moment but if you would like to leave a message for one of the therapists please...'

Oh my God - surely not! It's not going to ask me to 'please speak clearly after the tone?'

'...do so after the tone, leaving your name and telephone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.'

Beep.

OK. Result!

Now, how long have I got...

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted
    keywords but I'm not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
    Appreciate it!

    my web blog ... desert plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - sorry I'm afraid I don't. Have you thought of putting it out on Facebook? There's always somebody willing to help and Twitter too perhaps.

      Regards.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So pleased to see you here again, Mark. Always welcome.

      Delete
  3. Hey very interesting blog!

    My webpage; bitcoins online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy. My brother went through speech therapy albeit when he was very young. If you feel up to it I hope you write more about your experience with your speech and use your wonderful writing skills to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.