Thursday, 29 January 2015

Liebster Award.


Thank you to Angela Zemp for nominating Boxofficegirl for the Liebster Award! I am deeply moved and more than a little bit chuffed to have my work recognised by like minded folk. So, without further ado, let's crack on with answering the random questions Angela has kindly set out below.

  1. What illness have you ever faked, to get a day off work?
          I wouldn't dream of faking anything...Err...Nope...Can't think of a...Next question!
    
     2.  What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
 
          It cannot be 7am ALREADY!

     3.  What do you think Victoria’s secret is?

          Well, she and I were chatting the other day and it turns out that it's all a terrible misunderstanding. This slur on her good name has it's roots in gossip started by an unsavoury character who envied her ability to adapt to tricky situations. Apparently...

     4. What is your perfect Pizza topping? (If pizza not liked, favourite meal!)

         Hawaiian or sometimes Four Cheeses. Not Anchovies though, ugh. Fowl muck.

     5. If you could be present at any famous historical moment, what would that be?

         Shakespeare's first production at The Globe. How cool would that be!

     6. Share the weirdest thing about you!

        Too many to choose from...Hmm, I like my milk in first when making tea.

     7. Who would you most like to be stuck in a Lift/Elevator with?

        Boris Johnson. Fascinated by that man. Failing that, Tom Cruise. (yeah yeah, whatever.)

     8. Who is your hero/heroine?

        Varies, however I do have a lady-crush on Fiona Bruce. Smart woman.

     9. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?

        Velma from Scooby doo.

    10. What cheers you up after a bad day?

         A pot of tea and Coronation Street.

    11. What is the one single question you hate to answer?

        Mum, what are we having for tea?!


Alrighty, well, that wasn't too bad and now for those 11 random facts. I bet you can't wait can you. No? Here we go then...


1. I met Donny Osmond. Twice. ( Told him No the first time.)

2. My rape alarm went off during a Mark Knopfler concert when I was hiding in the wings. ( I don't have one now as this was a very long time ago and I feel the danger has passed.)

3. I managed to convince  José Carreras that I was indeed part of the welcome committee when actually I was on my break and should have been heading for the canteen.

4. I am the third of four sisters. They are my rock and I love them all dearly except when we fall out, then it's every gal for herself.

5. I always find a reason to laugh. Especially in the face of adversity.

6. I know all the words to the songs in The Sound of Music.

7. Boxofficegirl is more than a pseudonym. She's also a real-life Superhero who must at all costs keep her identity secret, for obvious reasons. 

8. This blog has seen me through both good times and bad and is the reason I am still sane (ish)

9. When I was little I wanted to be called, Rapunzel after my favourite fairy-tale character.

10. Also as a child I had an imaginary friend drawn on the porch wall in chalk. I used to sit on the loo and chat with her.

11. I will always be grateful for the Internet and the opportunity to share my thoughts and dreams with whoever happens to stop by and take the time to read. 

  Here are my nominees for The Liebster Award, in no particular order...

1. johnwhitebooks.blogspot.com/  John White.

2.http://www.words-of-a-feather.com/ Janys Hyde.

3. http://nicolamonaghan.com/ Nicola Monaghan.

4.http://1thoughtfulreader.wordpress.com/ Wendy Gold Rossi

5.http://writingourselveswell.co.uk/ Kate Evans

6. teatimeshorties.blogspot.com/ Julie Smith.

7. http://girlinwellies.com/ Anne Bennett Brosnan


Finally, here are my questions for all of you lucky nominees:

1. When was the last time you went to the theatre and what did you see?
2. Who would you most like to interview?
3. Who would you most like to be interviewed by?
4. Do you snore?
5. Have you ever stood up a date for no good reason?
6. Have you ever warn the same clothes 2,3 or more days on the trot?
7. If you were a T-shirt what colour would you be and why?
8. Have you ever parked in a disabled spot when you shouldn't?
9. What is your best quality?
10. What is your worst quality?
11. Which of your blog posts is your favourite and why?

So, with that I would like to thank the producer, the director, my agent (when one decides to turn up) and all those who worked so tirelessly backstage to make this gig such a great event. My thanks again to Angela for the nomination and now I'm off to join the after show party!



 Good luck!

           
The Official Rules of The Liebster Award 
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
  2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
  3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
  4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
  6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
  7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
  8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Tracey for the nomination, I will try to do as good a job with it as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Mark.

    Kate - you will be brilliant, I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which are constructive and relevant are very welcome but unsolicited links and advertising will be removed and blocked.